Welcome to our new and exciting world!
Each Pasadena Presents concert will be performed at our acoustically exquisite home, the Ambassador Auditorium, and will be available on demand from the comfort of your home with viewing options ranging from your smart phone to your television and all devices in between.
We can’t wait to perform for you in person, but in the meantime we are committed to ensuring that you have the optimal viewing experience of our concerts. Not only will you hear these concerts from the sonorous acoustics of Ambassador Auditorium, we will also deliver an exclusive visual experience, as our cameras can go places the concert hall audience can’t see from their seats.
Prepare to experience our musicians and soloists up close and personal, and watch your way!
Virtual performances must be viewed in a web browser, whether that is on your computer, tablet, mobile device, or cast to a TV. Please make sure your internet is up to speed! We recommend at least 3Mbps. Check your speed.
For optimal viewing, we strongly recommend that you watch Pasadena Presents concerts on your television with stereo sound by casting your mobile device or laptop to your TV.
For best practices on casting to your TV, read our FAQ:
Video on Demand patrons will receive a link and unique access code to a prerecorded video of the production. The performance may be watched at any time within the specified run dates.
Patrons will receive a link to the concert with their unique access code in an email prior to the event’s premiere date. Each concert will become available at 8pm on its premiere date.
Yes. Each purchase will be assigned a unique viewing link included in the confirmation email. Once a patron clicks on the viewing link, the unique access code will pop-up, with a check box to agree to terms and conditions. Check the box and click the Start Watching button. Please be advised, if you switch devices or try to log into a second device with this unique link/access code, the player will stop playing on the original device and continue in the newly logged in device. The purpose of this is to maintain the financial integrity of a ticket purchase.
Unfortunately not. Pasadena Presents virtual performances need to be streamed via a reliable internet connection.
From your Smart Phone: Your phone may automatically recognize your smart TV.
- – On your iPhone or Android, simply swipe up and select the option of “Screen Mirroring” or “Cast to TV” from your main menu.
- – Tap on Screen Mirroring to determine if it recognizes your TV and supports it. This depends on the make, model and year of your TV. Most TVs made after 2015 will be supported.
- – If your phone does not support your TV, below are some ways that you can easily cast.
Smart TV: If your TV has a web browser app, it is recommended to log into your email account first on your TV. Next, open the email containing your personal show link and click the button to watch. This should open a new window, pulling in your unique access code and the video player. The video should start automatically. If not, click play.
Apple TV/Airplay: First, make sure both your Apple devices are on the same WiFi network. It is recommended to open and begin watching the video on your selected Apple device and then click the airplay icon in the top right corner of the video to cast the video to your Apple TV.
Amazon Fire Stick: In order to watch on with your Amazon Fire Stick, you must first download the free Amazon Silk browser.
- Download App: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Amazon-Silk-Web-Browser/dp/B01M35MQV4
- Using this browser, log into your email, open the email containing your personal show link and click the button to watch. (You may need to click the request desktop site in the top menu to read the whole email.)
- Allow the browser to leave the page.
- This should open a new window, pulling in your unique access code and the video player. The video should start automatically. If not, click play.
Roku: First, make sure both your mobile device and Roku device are on the same WiFi network. In order to watch on your Roku device, you must download the “Mirror for Roku” app on your mobile device ($4.99) and follow these steps:
- Download App: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/150902/mirror-for-roku
- Add the Mirror for Roku channel to your Roku device and then open the channel.
- On your mobile device, open the Mirror for Roku app and mirror your device to your Roku device.
- In your mobile browser, open the email containing your personal show link, click the link and rotate your device horizontal to watch the concert full screen. Click play. Make sure to turn the volume off on your mobile device to fully enjoy the show!
Chromecast Web Browser Option, from your mobile device or computer:
- If you have a standard smart TV, simply download the Chromecast app from your app store.
- Open Google Chrome in your mobile device.
- Select Menu in the top-right corner, then select Cast.
- From the Castbox, select Sources then Cast
- Select your Chromecast from the list.
- You’ll be asked what you’d like to share.
Chromecast “Display Dongle” option: dongle is available on Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and Target. Prices range from $17-$30.
- To stream from your mobile device or laptop to your TV, plug the Chromecast dongle into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Follow steps 2-6 above.
Questions about Chromecast?
Hard wire connecting your laptop to your Smart TV:
- Connect one end of an HDMI cable (6 foot preferred) into an available HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the HDMI input number it is being connected
- Plug the other end of the cable into your laptop’s HDMI out port, or into the appropriate adapter for your computer. If you are using an adapter, connect that adapter to your computer.
- From your television, select the HDMI input number that you used for your laptop connection.
- Questions? Watch this quick video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s532CgZNrMg
You can watch the concert as many times as you’d like within your given timeframe. Do not start the Video on Demand production until you are ready to watch it in its entirety. You do have the ability to pause the performance, but there is a time limit per each access code.
If you have questions about an online event, you can send an email to [email protected], or call the box office Mon – Fri. between 9am -5pm: (626) 793-7172. For urgent messages outside of business hours, text: (626) 531-1401.