Musicians ages 10 to 18 are invited to make an apply for an audition with PYSO. Auditions take place Saturday and Sunday, May 20-21, 2023.
Before You Apply For An Audition
- Carefully read the requirements that are posted for each ensemble, and prepare your audition accordingly.
- There is a $30.00 audition fee due when you fill out the application. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and can be paid online or in-person the day of your audition. This audition fee is waived for those in a Pasadena Unified School District music program or for those who require financial assistance.
- If you have any questions, please review the FAQ.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of their audition by email. Placement decisions of the conducting staff are final and non-appealable. If accepted into one of the orchestras, students will be sent enrollment information including information on annual season fees.
- You will be considered for all PYSO ensembles regardless of the orchestra you select on the application. Experienced PYSO faculty will place students at the orchestra level where they will be most successful. Sometimes that may be an orchestra above or below the level for which you wished to be considered.
- All orchestra members are strongly encouraged to participate in school music programs when such programs exist. By participating in a school music program, you benefit by playing every day, becoming a better sight-reader, and playing an important part in helping to build meaningful music programs in your schools and communities.
- PYSO gives equal membership opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, citizenship, disability, or geographic location.